Popular Posts

2015/03/13

MONTESSORI BOTANY RIDDLES : Fruits



 Cherry

This small, round fruit is red and
has a stony pit inside. It grows
on trees that have many pink
or white blossoms in spring. 

 Who am I? 


Lemon

 This yellow fruit is sour even when 
it is ripe. Its juice is often used
to make lemonade. 

 Who am I? 


Plum

 When it is ripe, this fruit is soft, sweet,
 and juicy. It has one large seed inside.
The skin of this fruit is purple.

Who am I?  


Watermelon

This large fruit has a thick green
 rind and it is pink or red inside.
It grows on vines. 

Who am I?  


Pear

 This sweet, juicy fruit is shaped
like a bell. It grows on trees
that have grossy leaves and
white flowers in spring.

Who am I?  


Strawberry

This sweet, red fruit has its
seeds  on its skin.  It grows
on plants low on the ground. 

Who am I? 


Grapes

 This fruit is small, and juicy.
It grows in bunches on vines.
It is usually green or purple.

Who am I? 


Banana

  This fruit has a thick, yellow peel.
It grows in bunches on trees
where it is warm year round.

Who am I? 


Apple

  This is a common fruit that is grown
 in orchards. It has a fleshy pulp and
a core with tiny seeds.

Who am I? 


Orange

This round fruit has a thick,
orange-colored peel.
It grows on evergreen trees
when it is warm all year round.

Who am I? 



Tomato

  I am the fruit of the notorious deadly
night shade family of plants. For years,
humans were afraid to eat me because
of my poisonous relatives. One day a very
brave person discovered that I was not
only safe to eat , but also delicious. You
now use me cooked as a sauce on pizza
or sliced in lovely salads.

Who am I? 

  
       Pinegreenwoods Montessori    
   Montessori Riddles